.

........................................................................................................................................................Now in Mahone Bay Nova Scotia.

Friday, January 08, 2010

FIBRE ART ANYONE?

January leads me to a state of miscellany. I am ready for anything and want to try everything (regardless of the mound of2009 paper work which Linda, Diane and I must somehow bring to a close).

I have a new little wheel that is pining to be assembled and lovingly finished. There is a huge new loom that I HAD to acquire for how else am I to weave large lovely floor mats with all of the cottons that I diligently purged from my wardrobe this Fall (to large, too small... gotta go - into floor mats). There is also a cheerful, "summery" rug on my frame (a winter essential).

Of course I had to show the flag and sign my name to each of the London-Wul Sunday afternoon events! Oh, and I MUST get around to the CBC "Canada Reads" selection before the debates begin. I have a few of the titles already and have ordered others.

I had been sewing up a storm, making Christmas gifts through December and now I am patiently waiting for a seat to avail itself in a Quilting class that I have my eye on. A year - long overseas kinda quilting class. Why? Because I have never made a quilt - why else? Life is short get it all in. Knitting, weaving, felting, Quilting, Rug Hooking - all essential life skills in my book. And who knows? You just might find a little ART along the way;)




...back to the London-Wul Homepage: www.thewoolworks.com
01 09 10