.

........................................................................................................................................................Now in Mahone Bay Nova Scotia.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

LEARNING NEW THINGS

I just love to learn something new. I could easily have been a career student if it were not for reality.
On the up side, when I do get the chance, I am now able to learn whatever  I choose.
This week I  made my first quilt block. Why I started out with two eight pointed stars is another question altogether. I am doing a course with these amazing people.
Now if you are one of those folks who did not  sit in front of a sewing machine at the age of  seven and whip up your entire first grade wardrobe, I am here to say that you are not alone!

Trying something New? Here are three things that I found helpful;
1... make it interesting, in this case I referred back to my lovely Starling, yet again
2... try and try again, though I may not have achieved expertise in piecing I am an expert seam ripper. 
3... perfect might just be for some other day. That's OK.



01 09 10